Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Major Fail: Pet food for fertilizer.

Who knew cat food would prove fatal for this Opossum?
I recently read an interesting article about using pet food for fertilizer, by David the Good. I found it interesting. We had some dry cat food that was bad, so I thought, let's put this to good use. I had a pumpkin plant that I placed it around. It seemed like such a harmless act on my part. The night before last, I caught sight of an opossum(possum to most of my people) late at night. He disappeared before I could properly counsel and deal with him. Last night around midnight the outside light was on and one of the cats indicated not all was right outside. I proceeded out and found him stuffing my cat food fertilizer in his mouth. I was prepared to properly counsel him this time. He did not receive my "counsel" well. I am sad to say this proved fatal to the poor creature. He died before he knew what happened. I guess you can call this reason .22 that you should not use pet food for fertilizer. It can prove fatal to the poor possums. As he thrashed about in his last moments he almost killed my pumpkin plant. Now that would have been a real shame. You just never know what you will find when you spend more time in your garden.

MM

3 comments:

David The Good said...

Now you can plant the next pumpkin over his corpse!

Double M said...

I am not sure composting over a baited field is allowed in Alabama.

Double M said...

Sadly the pumpkin died.

A Lot Can Happen in a Couple of Weeks

    Welcome to the days of the Covid 19, or as Virginia says, "The Rona."  It may not hyperbole to call this a historical cros...